Thursday, December 29, 2011

Simple Sheet Dress....

 Yup, you read that right - Sheet Dress.  I wanted to make a Christmas dress for Shannon but I didn't want to invest that much because, frankly, I wasn't sure I could do it.  I found THIS tutorial for the skirt and then traced the top of a dress she adready had for the bodice.  I used a red flat sheet that I had for the fabric and it turned out beautifully.  I purchased some discount satin for the sash and then buttons.  In total this dress cost me less than $5.00. 


 I ended up shortening the sash.  I lined the bodice with more of the sheet.  I cut the back panel along the dise of the sheet so that I didn't need to make a hem for the hidden zipper. 
 She loved it! 
 The skirt is a full circle - perfect for twirling. :)
This dress was simple enough, I am going to be making more soon.  You should try one.  I had a lot of the sheet left so I made some little ties for the boys so everyone matched at Christmas.  Love that!

1 comment:

Casey Lu said...

WOW girl that is amazing! Want to make one for my girls.