Thursday, December 29, 2011

Flourless - Sugarless Chocolate Cake...



Yes, you heard me right.  This cake is flour free and sugar free.  My husband and I have been living a sugar free, white flour free lifestyle for a while now and I have been creating recipes that help ease the transition.  This chocolate cake is rich, decadent, not too sweet and practically guilt free.

No Guilt Chocolate Cake:

1/2 cup water
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cup sugar substitute of your choice
18 oz baking chocolate
1 cup unsalted butter - softened
1 TBS vanilla
6 large eggs

Baking instructions:
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees.  Grease one 9 inch cake pan.
2. In a small saucepan over med. heat mix water, salt and sugar.  Stir until dissolved and set aside.
3. Melt the chocolate in a double boiler or in the microwave.
4.  Add chocolate to your mixer then add butter - beat well.  Beat in the hot sugar water.  Then slowly beat in the eggs one at a time.  Add vanilla and mix.
5. Pour the batter into the pan.  Have a bigger pan to place the cake pan into.  Fill the larger pan with water until it reaches half way up the smaller pan.  (Water bath)  Place in the oven.
6. Bake for 45 minutes.  The cake will look undone but will set up as it cools.  Chill thoroughly. 
7. Serve with non-fat whipped topping and strawberries.

1 comment:

Casey Lu said...

Oh sounds yummy!! Going to have to try it! I really need to get our family away from sugar! You know my ordeal with Morgan and well myself and Cali included can all benefit from no sugar especially my thighs, lol.