Thursday, December 29, 2011

Peppermint bark popcorn....

I make peppermint bark every year for Christmas and I wanted to try something different this year.  I decided to make peppermint bark popcorn.  I love anything salty and sweet at the same time.  This fit the bill beautifully.  We packaged it up and gave some to Shannon's tennis coach.  It was a hit.
Here's how:
 Pop any popcorn you like.  I used microwave, salted popcorn but you can use any you like.
 I  like Wilton Dark cocoa candy coating.  I think it's a little smoother than regular bark candy coating but that works too.
 Put candy canes in a baggie and crush them into small pieces.


 Melt the chocolate according to package instructions and now you are ready to begin.  Couldn't be simpler.  Drizzle the chocolate over the popcorn and stir.  While the chocolate is still wet, sprinkle the crushed peppermint over it.  Keep stirring until all the popcorn has at least a little of the coating.
 Now you're done.  Have a taste.  It's delicious!
 Package it up for a sweet gift.

Happy Holidays!

1 comment:

Casey Lu said...

OMG sounds so yummy!!! Drooling over here!